Monday, January 28, 2008

New Gallery: TheArtBay

Today is the first open day for a brand new gallery in the cultural quarter of Stoke called TheArtBay. Late last year I was contacted by the owner Alan and asked to join his portfolio of artists. He is particularly interested in my abstract, figurative paintings and sculptures including, "Gluteus maximus (you're lovely but)", illustrated below

Lou and myself visited the other week with a collection of paintings and I am pleased to say that my work has been put in the more risqué "side room" :-) Alan and Cheryl made us feel very welcome and we are currently talking about producing a range of limited addition prints of some of my Corpus Veneer paintings which I very pleased about. TheArtBay have a range of very accomplished artists on their books, including Jim Fitzpatrick and Chris Moore (who designed the cover of the paperback edition of the William Gibson novel, Burning Chrome).

I'll keep you informed of events and exhibitions that might be coming up.